Linux user guide
This guide provides information which will help you geting start with Rockchip Linux SDK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need business support.
We are providing 2 kind of rootfs. Buildroot and prebuilt Debian. You can choose the way you prefer.
- Buildroot: An easy and small embedded Linux system. Recommend for your product development.
- Prebuilt Debian: A generic desktop Distro. Only for your evaluation.
You will need below firmware/image for a full Linux OS and flash them to different locations:
- Rockchip miniloader: This is the first level boot loader
- U-Boot: This is the second level boot loader
- Trusted: ARM Trusted Firmware
- Boot: It is Android boot image format. Pack kernel dtb and image to one partition. Use it for production.
- Rootfs: Buildroot or Debian system image
- Recovery: It is Android boot image format. Pack kernel dtb, image and ramdisk to one partition. Use it for OTA update.
- Misc: used for transfer command between rootfs and recovery
Please use Ubuntu 16.04 or later version. The early version can't work.
Here are some necessary packages for building the project.
$ sudo apt-get install repo git u-boot-tools device-tree-compiler mtools parted libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev lib32gcc-7-dev python-linaro-image-tools linaro-image-tools gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu libstdc++-7-dev autoconf autotools-dev libsigsegv2 m4 intltool libdrm-dev curl sed make binutils build-essential gcc g++ bash patch gzip bzip2 perl tar cpio python unzip rsync file bc wget libncurses5 libqt4-dev libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libglade2-dev cvs mercurial rsync openssh-client subversion asciidoc w3m dblatex graphviz python-matplotlib libssl-dev pv e2fsprogs fakeroot devscripts libi2c-dev libncurses5-dev texinfo liblz4-tool genext2fs
Getting the Sources
- Build all image
- enter the root directory of Rockchip Linux SDK. use below command to build all image.
- Build U-Boot
- Please refer to U-Boot for how to build U-Boot
- Building kernel
- Please refer to kernel for how to build Kernel
- Building rootfs
- Buildroot: Please refer to Buildroot for how to build Buildroot, We recommand customers use Buildroot for product development.
- Debian: Please refer to Debian user guide for how to build Debian. Please note that Debian is a desktop OS, We recommand customers only use Debian for evaluation. Please use Buildroot for product development.
- Building recovery
- please refer to recovery page for how to build recovery image
Go back to root directory of Linux
Please use below command to pack image for Debian
Please use below command to pack image for Buildroot
It will generate all the image you need in the rockimg directory.
rockdev/ ├── boot.img ├── MiniLoaderAll.bin ├── misc.img ├── oem.img ├── parameter.txt ├── recovery.img ├── rootfs.img ├── trust.img ├── uboot.img └── userdata.img
Windows: Please refer to AndroidTool for how to flash image to device
Linux: Please refer to upgrade tool for how to flash image to device
We provide prebuilt for all the board we support. Please go to download page to download image you need